Monday, September 8, 2008

My Favorite Things About Autumn.


Well, I think autumn is my most favorite time of the year! The heat of the summer is coming to an end and there is a definate chill in the air. I love that the kids are back in school and there is once again order to my days. I love the colors. After all they are my favorite colors of all. Reds and oranges and browns and yellows. Love them! It is also harvest time for my garden. My tomatoes are starting to turn ripe and everything is winding down. Making applesause and apple butter, canning up my tomatoes. Planning for the holidays, getting Christmas gifts going. Which includes some knitting too. This year I have a turkey or two that I am fattening up for our Thanksgiving day celebration. Also, some of the sock clubs I joined will be starting up too! I look forward to new yarn and goodies in the mail. Time to get my wool socks out and fill up the woodbox. There are lots of wonderful things about this time of the year. I could go on and on! The picture was taken at Cannon Beach, on the Oregon coast. It is our favorite beach spot. We are only 2 hours from the ocean from where we live.

2 comments:

sherriknits said...

We were just in that area ourselves. It's so beautiful.

Myownigloo said...

Hello, you blogging machine, you!